CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 02, 2006

My court date

SOOO..here is the story!

Back in April I was rear ended on the way home from work on a nice spring-ish afternoon. It was on 97 and I was hit pretty hard so the cops were called. Once the cops were there they took mine and the BIOTCHS information...
I was told (unknown to me) that my drivers license was suspended. I had NO idea why, how, what, where...I had no idea.
I was given a ticket for driving with a suspended license and I was not even able to drive my car away from the accident.
SO, on the following Monday I called the MVA 1st thing. I was told by Moesha (no lie) that in 2002 I was mailed a notice to go to driver improvement classes because I had accumulated "X" amount of points on my license. I know, I know...your like YOU? NO way!!
Then when I didn't go I was mailed a notice that since I didn't attend the class I was going to have my license suspended....
Here is the kicker....I NEVER rcvd either letter and the MVA knew that (per Moesha) because they rcvd both letters back as undeliverable for some reason. It was ALL on my driving record.
Moesha was nice enough to lift the suspension as I was speaking with her on the phone but that did nothing to change my traffic court issue.
I still had to take the class and then go to court..and THAT was today.
I had a kick ass attorney...she is about my age and is a former ADA...She knew everyone from the judge to the prosecutor to the cop...it went pretty well.
She spoke to the prosecutor and they agreed that the charge would be stayed. It kinda sounds like PBJ (probation before judgement).
If within 1 yr I get no major traffic issues the charge will simply go away. After that yr I can request my record be expunged and that's about it.
A ton of money to an attorney and all ended up fine.

So, that's my story of the day!

1 comments:

Melissa said...

It's going to be hard to keep my fingers crossed for an entire year...