CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

A bitter sweet day

In the eulogy for my dad, Mike wrote the following....it was once said that the dead don't really die until they are forgotten so remember him when your eating a burger and you see that bottle of ketchup, go ahead and give yourself a little extra on the side of your plate...Remember him when your watching the REDSKINS BEAT DALLAS ON A COLD SUNDAY AFTERNOON....
Well, I know i was thinking about him a lot through out the game today. I remember many sayings he used when we would watch the skins every Sunday. A few of my favorites are...I have seen a better set of hands on a broken clock, Dallas are a bunch of suck a$$ mules, and any opposing team he would call lying cheating dogs. Oh, and my personal fave...he said that the NFL stood for the negro felon league...HAHA. Not sure who he got that from, but to me it was all about my dads outlook.
Anyway...I'm sure I wasn't the only one thinking of my dad today. He loved watching the Redskins; and I miss watching them with him.

0 comments: