So, today we took my mother to Baltimore. We had strict plans to stick to. We were to meet at Kathy's at 8 30 sharp. Now IF we wanted to have a cup of coffee or to chat you were to arrive early because we were gonna head at right at 8 30.
So, we left a few minutes late but it was ok....then we went to Second Chance. Its this group of 4 or 5 huge warehouses full of "stuff". There are tons of old tubs, old windows, old doors, old everything. Then there is a newer warehouse that has what I guess are leftovers. Like there are brand new cabinetry, new refrigerators...there was also a ton of furniture from some hotel that I cant remember the name of. Anyway...it was fun...it was a GORGEOUS so we got lucky there.
Then around 11 or so we headed to Little Italy for lunch at Sabatino's. We were there a few mins before they opened so we walked around and went to the Bakery that were gonna get moms birthday treat from. So, we ate lunch..it was good..and we had a good time. Then we headed back to the bakery to pick up the sweets. Its a lil place that is owned/operated by an old Italian couple. From what I gather the man says he invented tiramisu....sooo, that's what mom chose to have for her "cake"...I got a cannolli, Jeff and Sean picked out some cookies, and both my mom and Kathy got some yummy biscotti...I'm not usually a fan, but they were delish!
Then we headed out of Baltimore to go back to Kathy's to have "cake" and open presents.
We had a good time...LOTS of laughs; sorry Jeff...haha.
Mom had fun I hope...I know I did!
There are LOTS of pics sooooo here ya go:
Mom with a card
Cool angle....Mike your photography has nothin on mine...(KIDDING!!)
The tiramisu
Sean; ALL smiles
Mom with her "cake" GOOD PIC!
Mom showin off some card she got
Mama and Amy laughing as per usual
Saturday, August 11, 2007
Our day in B-more for my Mama's b day
Posted by Eggme at 7:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










0 comments:
Post a Comment