CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 29, 2007

MD Seafood Festival

A couple of weeks ago I went to the Maryland Seafood Festival for the 1st time. It is held at Sandy Point Park which is a beachy area on the bay right near the Bay Bridge.It was a HOT day but there were large tents to cool off under AND me, being me, cooled myself off by spilling my beer on my pants leg...it (of course) was just me being clumsy and the leg dried super quickly. And NO I was not drunk mother.
I went with Mary, baby Conner, and a few of her neighbors. I really enjoyed myself and was so sorry I hadn't made it there until this yr.
My favorite part was the Soup Tent. You paid $8 to get in. There were 25 local restaurants and they served either Cream of Crab or Md Crab soups...some had both. We tried every single soup under the tent. I was SO stuffed. I am a cream of crab soup fan and don't really car for MD crab....there were some delish soups and some that were just plain nasty. So, you sample the soups and then vote for your favorite soup for each category.
Lets see, there were also a lot of vendors there that we tried....I had some yummy crab imperial and a "crab dog"...its like a crab cake shaped like a hot dog...not so good. There were beer trucks and booths of crafts and such.
We were there for hours and had an absolutely fabulous time.... Mary and Conner with a cute hat on
Had to show ya the adorable outfit Mary picked out for Conner to wear for the festival
A huge Miller Light Balloon on the beach....good stuff...
Me with Mary and Conner, duh...

0 comments: